naturopathic medicine, services for your health
what is naturopathic medicine?
Naturopathic Medicine is a primary health care profession that emphasizes prevention and treatment of every individual as a unique and whole person and with the understanding that the body has an inherent ability to heal itself. Naturopathic medicine blends the wisdom of traditional medicine with the best of modern medicine using scientific and empirical methods.
naturopathic medicine is guided by six principles:
1. The Healing Power of Nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): Naturopathic medicine recognizes an inherent self-healing process in people. Naturopathic physicians work to identify and remove the obstacles to healing and recovery allowing for the bodies inherent self-healing process.
2. Identify and Treat the Cause (Tolle Causam): The naturopathic physician seeks to identify and remove the underlying cause of illness rather than suppressing the symptoms.
3. First Do No Harm (Primum Non Nocere): Naturopathic physicians follow three guidelines to avoid harming the patient:
- The utilization of methods and medicinal substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects by using the least force necessary to diagnose and treat.
- Avoid the harmful suppression of symptoms.
- Acknowledge and respect the individuals’ self-healing process.
4. Doctor as Teacher (Docere): Naturopathic physicians educate and encourage self-responsibility for their health. They also recognize and employ the potential of the doctor-patient relationship through a foundation of trust and respect.
5. Treat the Whole Person: Naturopathic physicians treat each person as an individual, taking into account physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental, social and other factors. Spiritual health is also part of an individual’s health; therefore encouragement is given to develop their personal spirituality.
6. Prevention: Naturopathic physicians focus on prevention through assessing risk factors such as heredity and susceptibility to disease. Through collaboration with their patients, naturopaths then implement interventions to prevent illness.
- digestive issues
- adrenal fatigue
- mood disorders
- chronic pain
- heart disease
- hormonal imbalances
- respiratory conditions
- fertility problems
- musculoskeletal conditions
- autoimmune diseases
- chronic fatigue syndrome
We accept Premera, Regence, Lifewise, First Choice, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Kaiser.
If you do not have insurance coverage, Peninsula Natural Health Center does offer cash courtesy rates:
First Office Visit – 40 minutes: $170
First Office Visit – 30 minutes: $105
Return Office Visit – 25 minutes: $105
Return Office Visit – 15 minutes: $85